This recipe from Australian Pork creates the ultimate family dinner with veggies, meat and sauce, all together in the one meal.
- 500g pork mince
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, sliced thinly
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons gravy powder
- Pinch of white pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1kg mashed potatoes
- 40g butter
- ½ cup tasty cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and brown the pork mince well.
- Stir in the onion, celery and carrot and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the combined tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, gravy powder, white pepper and chicken stock. Simmer, stirring occasionally for a further 6-8 minutes.
- Place the pork shepherd’s pie mixture into a deep ovenproof dish.
- Top with an even layer of mashed potato and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until the cheese is golden.
- Serve immediately.