Quick Hollandaise Sauce
This super quick Hollandaise sauce is so easy to make, tastes delicious and goes with so many breakfast dishes, including bacon, speck or sausages with eggs.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or White Vinegar
- 112 g butter
- Combine egg yolk, water, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt in the bottom of a cup that barely fits the head of an immersion blender.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over high heat, swirling constantly, until foaming subsides. Transfer butter to a 1 cup liquid measuring cup.
- Place head of immersion blender into the bottom of the cup and turn it on. With the blender constantly running, slowly pour hot butter into cup. It should emulsify with the egg yolk and lemon juice. Continue pouring until all butter is added. Sauce should be thick and creamy.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve immediately.
Bernaise: add chopped Tarragon
Peppercorn: add crushed tinned peppercorns, or fresh cracked black pepper.
Mustard: add Grain Mustard, or your favourite kind
Spicy: Add Cayenne pepper or chopped up Jalapenos for a fiery kick.