Pork Sausage and Pea Oven Baked Risotto
A perfect risotto to turn to throughout the winter, shared from our friends at Australian Pork.
- 500g Italian Pork Sausages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40g butter
- 2 leeks, white part only, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Heat oil in a large oven-proof casserole pan over medium heat. Add sausages and cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer sausages to a plate.
- Add butter to casserole pan and melt over medium heat. Add leeks and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, pour stock into a medium saucepan and heat over a medium heat until gently boiling.
- Stir rice through leek mixture. Add hot stock and bring mixture to the boil. Slice sausages and stir through rice mixture. Cover and bake for 15-20 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and rice is tender.
- Stir through parmesan and peas. Season with salt and pepper. Stand for 5 minutes or until peas are heated through. Serve risotto sprinkled with extra parmesan and chopped parsley.
Click here to see the original recipe from Australian Pork