Lamb Chops with Chimichurri Sauce
Chimichurri sauce is a versatile sauce that will provide a great health kick and a punch of flavour to lamb, steak, sweet potatoes, fish, and chicken. This recipe pairs it with lamb chops to create a quick and tasty dinner for the whole family.
Chimichurri Sauce Ingredients
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley (top half only)
- 1/2 bunch coriander (top half only)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lime or lemon – juiced (or 2 tbsp red wine vinegar)
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 1/2 fresh chilli pepper or a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
Lamb Chop Ingredients
- 8 lamb loin chops
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- In the bowl of a small food processor or blender, add the parsley, oregano coriander, olive oil, garlic and lime or lemon juice.
- Process until smooth to your liking, but still with a little texture. Transfer to a jar or bowl and season to taste with the sea salt. Adjust seasonings to your taste, by adding more sea salt, extra lime juice and red pepper flakes.
- Put sauce aside and now to start on your lamb chops.
- Put lamb chops in a bowl and add the oil, rosemary leaves, a little salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and cook in a frying pan till cooked to your liking.
- Serve with chimichurri sauce and a side of carrots, broccolini and peas.
Note: The chimichurri sauce can be used on steak, sweet potatoes, fish, and chicken and can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.