Inside-out Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
A decadent ham and cheese toasty that's crispy and cheesy on the outside!
- 4 tbsp unsalted batter, softened
- 8 slices of bakery bread
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 250g sliced Swiss cheese
- 250g Ziggys Supreme Ham, thinly sliced
- Dill pickle slices
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup apricot preserve
- Butter each slice of bread and sprinkle with Parmesan, pressing to help it adhere.
- Invert the slices onto a work surface, cheese side down.
- Top 4 of the slices with the Swiss cheese, ham and pickles.
- Mix the mustard and preserves and spread on the remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Close the sandwiches and griddle over moderate heat, flipping, until golden, crisp on the outside and melted inside, about 3 minutes.
- Cut in half and serve right away.
Click here to see the original recipe.
Image by Con Poulos.