Harissa Porterhouse with Chargrilled Zucchini
From australianbeef.com.au, this hot and spicy steak is perfectly balanced with ricotta cheese and tender greens.
- 4 x 150g Beef Porterhouse Steaks, fat trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves, finely chopped + extra to serve
- 3 large zucchinis, halved, cut into 4cm pieces
- zest and juice of 1 lemon + extra wedges, to serve
- 1/3 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
- mint leaves,
- Kipfler potatoes, cooked, sliced, to serve
- In a large mixing bowl place harissa paste, thyme and half the oil. Add steaks, season well and coat well with the mixture. Heat a large char-grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook steaks for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set steaks aside on a plate loosely covered with foil to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place zucchini and remaining oil in a large bowl. Season and toss to coat. Reheat same pan over medium-high heat and cook zucchini for 6-7 minutes or until charred and tender. Remove from pan, return to large bowl, add lemon zest and juice and toss to coat. Top zucchini with ricotta, almonds and mint leaves.
- Serve steaks with zucchini, potatoes, extra thyme and lemon wedges.
Click here for the original recipe from australianbeef.com.au