California Balsamic Chicken with Avocado and Mozzarella
A delectable dinner that is so quick to make and will definitely prove to be a crowd-pleaser with the whole family. This meal is loaded with fresh veggies too, so you know you'll be serving a healthy meal.
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 avocados, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Add the chicken and coat.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add the avocado, tomato, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat the grill or skillet to medium high heat. Grill the chicken on each side about 5 minutes or until cooked throughout and no longer pink
- Top with chicken thigh with a mozzarella cheese slice, as well as the avocado, tomato & basil mixture. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.
Note: For an extra decadent variation, replace the mozzarella with thinly sliced Brie cheese (on special this week).