Beef & Chorizo Stew For Two
Ziggys Chorizos bring a touch of spice to this moreish stew, perfect for a midweek meal for two.
- 300g diced beef
- 1 heaped tsp plain flour
- 1 Ziggys smoked Chorizo sausage
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large washed potato, cut into cubes
- 2 medium carrots, chopped into 1cm thick rounds
- 400g crushed tomatoes or tomato passata
- ¾ cup beef stock
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh beans, trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim and dice the beef rump into cubes. Toss in a mixing bowl with the flour until lightly coated.
- Slice the chorizo into 1cm thick rounds.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on high heat. Add in the onion and diced beef and cook until onion has softened and beef is browned. Add in the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally until browned.
- Add in the potato and carrot, stirring to combine and cooking for another minute.
- Pour in the stock and deglaze the pan, scraping up any crispy bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Stir through the crushed tomatoes and parsley, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, uncover, stir through the beans and simmer uncovered for approximately 30 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Stir through salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.